Beefy Jalapeno Corn Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs, corn, milk and oil. Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 cups cheese; top with the beef, onion and jalapenos. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with remaining batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into corn bread topping comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Jalapeno Corn Bake(2)
Sort By :
Modifications are essential -- this dish is OVERloaded with grease/fat. Use dnaleri's good suggestions and use low-fat milk. And the beef could use some seasoning -- at least salt, pepper and garlic. Batter was very thin/runny and barely enough for 2 layers. I'd try using more flour next time.
This is very good. I did make some changes to the recipe. Here is what I did: I browned the onion and 1 jalapeno pepper in withthe ground beef. I used less than a 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 cups (8oz) shredded mexican cheese blend.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >