Beefy French Onion Potpie
I came up with this dish knowing my husband loves French Onion Soup – a good base for this hearty, beefy pot pie. — Sara Hutchens, Du Quoin, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion
- over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink,
- breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup; bring to a boil.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. deep dish pie plate; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with biscuits.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 553 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,550 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.