Beefy French Onion Potpie Recipe
I came up with this dish knowing my husband loves French Onion Soup – a good base for this hearty, beefy pot pie. — Sara Hutchens, Du Quoin, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup; bring to a boil.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. deep dish pie plate; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with biscuits. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 553 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,550 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC