Beefy French Onion Potpie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup; bring to a boil.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. deep dish pie plate; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with biscuits. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beefy French Onion Potpie(9)
Sort By :
easy and quick !
OK for a very quick easy supper. Will add black pepper and garlic powder next time. Definitely not gourmet, but everyone enjoyed it.
This was very quick and easy. I would probably add or double the meat/soup mixture (for leftovers it needed more juice!). Also added salt and pepper for flavor. Next time think I'll throw in some green pepper too. Will make again
I thought this was very easy to make and very good. I did salt & pepper the beef & onions while I was browning them. My only complaint is the gravy needs to be thicker. It's hard to dish up on the plate without the juices running everywhere. I would make it again.
Quick and easy, very tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >