- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup; bring to a boil.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. deep dish pie plate; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with biscuits. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beefy French Onion Potpie
Sort By :
"I made this and added worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper and I still didn't like it. It smelled delicious but it actually tasted gross. I'm sorry I wasted my time and money to make this."
"I've made this a few times and it's great! Just be careful which size biscuits you use as some take longer to cook thoroughly. I actually like par-baking them so the bottoms aren't too soggy, as we prefer them to have more contrast. Also, if you want more of a 'gravy' texture, when boiling the mixture on the stove, in a small glass mix 2 tbsp cold water + 1-2 tbsp. of cornstarch together and mix it in with the boiling mixture. This thickens it a bit so it's not so soupy/watery. =)"
"We love this for a quick and easy supper. I double the soup so we can have more gravy served over mashed potatoes."
"easy and quick !"
"OK for a very quick easy supper. Will add black pepper and garlic powder next time. Definitely not gourmet, but everyone enjoyed it."