I came up with this dish knowing my husband loves French onion soup. It's a good base for this hearty, beefy potpie. — Sara Hutchens, Du Quoin, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup; bring to a boil.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with biscuits. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beefy French Onion Potpie in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Reviews for Beefy French Onion Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review