Beefy Enchiladas Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain fat. Stir in beans, salt and pepper. Place 1/3 cup of mixture and a spoonful of tomatoes on each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and enchilada sauce; stir until smooth. Add cheese and olives; cook over medium-high until mixture boils. Pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 5-6 servings.
1 each: 594 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1071mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 9g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Enchiladas
"Just not good. Bland."
"Delicious! We especially loved the creamy sauce for the top. I added jalapenos to the beef, and lettuce and tomatoes on top just before serving."
"Would I be able to freeze a dish like this one. If so what is the process of thawing and warming before serving."