This family favorite is a meal-in-one with salad or fruit. Tortilla chips are also good served with it.—Connie Shay, Kennewick, Washington
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a skillet, brown beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain fat. Stir in beans, salt and pepper. Place 1/3 cup of mixture and a spoonful of tomatoes on each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and enchilada sauce; stir until smooth. Add cheese and olives; cook over medium-high until mixture boils. Pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Enchiladas in Country Ground Beef 1993, p84
Reviews for Beefy Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review