Beefy Corn Bread Casserole Recipe
To stretch our grocery budget, we eat a lot of soups and pots o' beans. This satisfying Mexican corn bread always livens up the meal. Like many of my recipes, this one came from a church cookbook. -Patty Boling Seymour, Tennessee
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the corn bread mix, salt, baking soda, corn, milk, oil and eggs.
- 2. Pour half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese and all of the beef mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Carefully spread remaining batter over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 388 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Corn Bread Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC