Beefy Chili Manicotti Recipe
In Fall River Mills, California, Mary Vega jazzes up a can of beef chili to create a sauce for cheese-filled manicotti. "I first made this zesty dish when I got married," she explains. "It tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen, but it's really fast and easy.
- 4 manicotti shells
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded American cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1. Cook manicotti shells in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the chili. Pour half of the chili mixture into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup American cheese and chilies. Spoon into manicotti shells. Place over chili mixture. Top with remaining chili mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 627 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 1774mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 9g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Chili Manicotti
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC