For years I’ve made the best hot dog chili out there. It’s immortal, it’s family friendly, and I carry the recipe because people beg for it. —Vicki Boyd, Mechanicsvile, Virginia
Recommended: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese and chopped onion, optional
- For chili, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer beef to a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Return beef to skillet; stir in seasonings and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook hot dogs according to package directions. Serve in buns with chili. If desired, top with cheese and onion.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups chili).
Originally published as Beefy Chili Dogs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews for Beefy Chili Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review