- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups shredded cabbage or angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Transfer meat to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Cabbage Bean Stew
Sort By :
"This is pretty bland. Added sour cream and parmesan cheese to make it more tasty. Don't think I will make it again."
"This was better than I thought it would be. It was pretty bland until I added some red pepper flakes, beef bouillon powder, salt and chili powder. We topped it with Italian blend of cheeses. This could be made more nutritious by adding more veggies, zucchini, celery, carrots."
"This stew was a hit with my entire family, even a very picky 12 year old boy. I did make some small adjustments to the recipe. I used one pound of ground turkey, 2 peppers instead of one and two cans of tomato sauce instead of one. One of my sons suggested we sprinkle the top of the stew with shredded Mexican blend cheeses. And it was delicious. I will definitely be making again."