Beefy Broccoli Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash pepper
- Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°); cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus and broccoli; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry; refrigerate.
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, ginger, sugar and pepper; shake well. Thinly slice beef and place in a bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, add vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Broccoli Asparagus Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Beefy Broccoli Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
This salad was very good.It was a bit time consuming to get everything chilled but well worth it.