Beefy Bean Soup Recipe
This quick and filling soup from Carolyn Burbidge of makes a bunch, but it won’t last long! The reader from Bountiful, Utah says, “The leftovers are even better the next day. I love it because we get two hearty meals out of one short cooking session.”
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, celery, onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add to tomato mixture. Stir in beans; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cup equals 225 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 1,091 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Bean Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC