- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, celery, onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add to tomato mixture. Stir in beans; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Beefy Bean Soup
"This was terrible! The tomato puree taste was over powering! Now I'm trying to find a way to alter it to use up the leftovers! I would not make this again."
"The tomato sauce taste is too strong and it is way too salty. Don't waste your time on this recipe."
"Though mine came out more like a goulash than a soup, it was good. I did have to add a little more seasoning to the dish as it was cooking. The canned tomato taste was just a bit too prevalent. Turned out nicely in the end."
"This soup was a complete fail. The taste of the canned tomatoe puree was too over powering. I let it simmer for almost an hour hoping to tone down the taste of canned tomatoe but to no avail. I even added more beef broth to it. My family said the taste reminded them of spaghetti O's. We ended up having a pizza night."
"Yum Yum Yum! I love soup! I have made this twice and once I used a can of Italian tomatoes and it was even better."
"Very good my husband said now that is even better then the soup we buy when we eat out. thanks for sharing... will make it again.."
"easy to prepare and was well liked by my family! Will definitely be making this recipe again! The leftovers are really good the next day :D"