Beefy Barbecue Macaroni
"I developed this dish while visiting a friend," says Mary Cokenour of Monticello, Utah. "She came home late from work and didn't have time to grocery shop. So I threw together this all-in-one skillet dish using pantry staples. Her family was so impressed that now she makes it for them once a week."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Additional cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni, barbecue
- sauce, pepper and cayenne.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until
- butter is melted. Stir in cheese until melted. Pour over the
- macaroni mixture; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional
- cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.