Beefy Barbecue Macaroni Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Additional cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni, barbecue sauce, pepper and cayenne.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in cheese until melted. Pour over the macaroni mixture; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 456 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Barbecue Macaroni
"Nice quick & easy meal. I added more meat & barbecue sauce to it and used a Mexican blend cheese, which is what I had on hand. My boys thought it was great."
"Family loved this! A great quick supper for busy nights!"
"My family loves this! It is super easy which I love. I can never get the sauce to be anything other than a big clump so I just pour the milk into the noodle mixture and stir in the cheese until it melts. I have also made it with American cheese with good results."
"I did 1 lb ground beef, cut back just 1/2 cup on the pasta and everything else I left the same. It is a fast throw together dish but hubby and I thought it was missing something."
"Made this pretty quick, was a success. I didnt use fresh garlic- powder instead. And didnt have time make cheese sause. Put butter & milk over noodles- then added lots cheese on top. At allre ipes.com-they have an excellant tutorial on how make cheese sauces!"
"This was really yummy and so easy to make. I adjusted the seasonings cuz we like spicier, but will definately make again!"
"My family loves this dish! I've made it several times and now my mom makes it for her and my dad. Add a little extra cayenne for more of a kick if you like it spicy. So good!"