- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Additional cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni, barbecue sauce, pepper and cayenne.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in cheese until melted. Pour over the macaroni mixture; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Barbecue Macaroni
"Nice quick & easy meal. I added more meat & barbecue sauce to it and used a Mexican blend cheese, which is what I had on hand. My boys thought it was great."
"Family loved this! A great quick supper for busy nights!"
"My family loves this! It is super easy which I love. I can never get the sauce to be anything other than a big clump so I just pour the milk into the noodle mixture and stir in the cheese until it melts. I have also made it with American cheese with good results."
"I did 1 lb ground beef, cut back just 1/2 cup on the pasta and everything else I left the same. It is a fast throw together dish but hubby and I thought it was missing something."
"Made this pretty quick, was a success. I didnt use fresh garlic- powder instead. And didnt have time make cheese sause. Put butter & milk over noodles- then added lots cheese on top. At allre ipes.com-they have an excellant tutorial on how make cheese sauces!"