Beefy Bacon Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped carrots, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the milk, potatoes, soup, carrots, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in the bacon just before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Bacon Chowder
"Delicious and easy. I used ground turkey. I substituted corn for half the celery and also threw in some asparagus. I used frozen hash brown potatoes and a bag of bacon bits. Turned out very well - definitely a keeper!"
"Very filling and easy to make"