- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped carrots, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the milk, potatoes, soup, carrots, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in the bacon just before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Beef and Bacon Chowder in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p122
Reviews for Beefy Bacon Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
Delicious and easy. I used ground turkey. I substituted corn for half the celery and also threw in some asparagus. I used frozen hash brown potatoes and a bag of bacon bits. Turned out very well - definitely a keeper!
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2012
Very filling and easy to make