Beefy Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
Vary the flavor of this family-favorite casserole by using different kinds of soup and potato mixes. I usually dish out hearty helpings with a salad and garlic bread. - Eileen Majerus, Pine Island, Minnesota
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes or cheddar and bacon potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1. Set potato sauce mix aside. Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with corn. In a bowl, combine soup, water, chilies, mushrooms, pimientos and reserved sauce mix; mix well. Pour a third of the mixture over corn. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to slow cooker. Top with remaining sauce mixture. Do not stir. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 358 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,256 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC