Beefstro Bruschetta Burgers Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into eight thin slices
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, preserves and horseradish. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir prosciutto over medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef and lemon-pepper. Shape into eight patties.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Grill or broil bread for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Spread each slice of toast with 1-1/4 teaspoons reserved mustard sauce. Layer each with arugula, a burger, a cheese slice and 1-1/4 teaspoons additional sauce. Garnish with peppers and prosciutto. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
2 bruschetta burgers equals 329 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 767 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.