- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into eight thin slices
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, preserves and horseradish. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir prosciutto over medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and lemon-pepper. Shape into eight patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill or broil bread for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Spread each slice of toast with 1-1/4 teaspoons reserved mustard sauce. Layer each with arugula, a burger, a cheese slice and 1-1/4 teaspoons additional sauce. Garnish with peppers and prosciutto. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beefstro Bruschetta Burgers in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p60
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beefstro Bruschetta Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2012
"These burgers have a gourmet look and feel to them and they taste fantastic!"