Beef with Sweet Peppers
Strips of beef chuck roast are simmered to a tasty tenderness in this super skillet dish sent by Kin Shea, Wethersfield, Connecticut. Good cuts for this recipe are boneless top blade roast or boneless arm or shoulder pot roast.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef in oil until browned, about 4 minutes;
- drain. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion,
- peppers and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and
- seasonings; mix well. Return meat to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 375 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.