Beef with Sweet Peppers Recipe
Strips of beef chuck roast are simmered to a tasty tenderness in this super skillet dish sent by Kin Shea, Wethersfield, Connecticut. Good cuts for this recipe are boneless top blade roast or boneless arm or shoulder pot roast.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil until browned, about 4 minutes; drain. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion, peppers and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and seasonings; mix well. Return meat to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 375 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC