Strips of beef chuck roast are simmered to a tasty tenderness in this super skillet dish sent by Kin Shea, Wethersfield, Connecticut. Good cuts for this recipe are boneless top blade roast or boneless arm or shoulder pot roast.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef in oil until browned, about 4 minutes; drain. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion, peppers and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and seasonings; mix well. Return meat to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef with Sweet Peppers in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p61
Reviews for Beef with Sweet Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review