Beef with Ramen Noodles Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth, divided
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons broth until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, stir-fry beef in oil. Add soy sauce; cook for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove beef and keep warm.
- 3. Set aside seasoning packets from noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- 4. Add the corn, broccoli, red pepper, carrot, onions and remaining broth to the skillet. Sprinkle with contents of reserved seasoning packets. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 5. Stir reserved cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add reserved beef and noodles to skillet; heat through. Garnish with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 592 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 2,130 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Beef with Ramen Noodles
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.