- Cut each pastry sheet into an 8-in. square (discard scraps or save
- for another use). Place a steak on each square. Spread steak with
- about 1 tablespoon of pesto; top with mushrooms.
- Bring opposite corners of pastry over steak and pinch seams to seal
- tightly. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- brush egg over pastry.
- Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before serving.
- For gravy, melt remaining butter in the same skillet; stir in flour
- until smooth. Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- the beef bundles. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.