Beef Wellington Appetizers Recipe
Flaky puff pastry, savory beef tenderloin and tangy horseradish cream easily come together for a positively holiday-worthy hors d'oeuvre.—Joan Cooper, Sussex, Wisconsin
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional minced chives, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In same skillet, saute mushrooms and shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 7 minutes. Stir in beef and parsley; set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into 16 squares.
- 4. Place 2 tablespoonfuls of beef mixture in center of half of squares. Top with remaining squares; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cut slits in top; brush with egg. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine horseradish cream ingredients; serve with appetizers. Garnish with additional chives if desired. Yield: 16 appetizers (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 appetizer equals 315 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC