- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add sherry, stirring to
- loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Bring
- to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in beef and parsley; set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff
- pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into 16
- Place 2 tablespoonfuls of beef mixture in center of half of squares.
- Top with remaining squares; press edges with a fork to seal. Place
- on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cut slits in top; brush with
- egg. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine horseradish cream ingredients; serve with
- appetizers. Garnish with additional chives if desired.
- Yield: 16 appetizers (1-1/2 cups sauce).
To Make Ahead: Freeze unbaked pastries on baking sheets until firm, then wrap and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to use, bake frozen appetizers at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 315 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.