- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 cups cubed cooked beef
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forBeef Veggie Soup
"This was ok. For starters, I felt it needed more seasoning and a longer cooking time. On the up side, it is healthy and nourishing."
"This is my family's favorite soup. The seasonings are just right! I make this several times/year."