Beef Veggie Casserole Recipe
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large saucepan, combine gravy mix and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the beef, vegetables and potatoes; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with biscuits. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Beef Veggie Casserole
Sort By :
"We loved this I did not bake it with the biscuits on top I have never had luck with that in the past on other dishes. Still good could use some salt and pepper for us. Oh one more thing could not find mushroom gray mix so I used seasoned gravy mix still good. Would be really good with mushrooms in the mix."
"My husband and sons really liked this casserole. It's so easy to put together. Good comfort food or for a busy weeknight. I used hamburger, as I didn't have any cooked beef, and it was still really good. This casserole will definitely be added to our meal rotation."
"I didn't have leftover roast beef so I used beef stew meat that I browned. It was good and easy. I will try using a jar of brown or mushroom gravy or using leftover gravy from roast the next time. I am not a fan of gravy mix except in crockpot recipes or something similar. If I am going to stand over a stove and stir, I want homemade gravy (LOL)"
"I made this one night for a casual supper when my inlaws were staying with us for a week. It was quick to put together so, thankfully, I didn't have to stay in the kitchen for too long. Since I made it with canned roast beef chunks, I drained them and gave them a very quick rinse in water to keep them from making this dish too salty. The mushroom gravy mix and biscuits gave it enough salt. Everybody loved it, and I was glad I could put together something "homey" so quickly. I served it alongside a green salad and glasses of milk and dinner was done."