Beef Veggie Casserole
"This satisfying stew is a breeze to fix because it uses leftover roast beef and refrigerated biscuits," promises Patti Keith from Ebensburg, Pennsylvania. "With hearty chunks of potato and plenty of mixed vegetables, it makes a wonderful meal with a loaf of garlic bread."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large saucepan, combine gravy mix and water until smooth. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in
- the beef, vegetables and potatoes; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with biscuits.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until bubbly and
- biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 2 biscuits equals 399 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 944 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.