"This satisfying stew is a breeze to fix because it uses leftover roast beef and refrigerated biscuits," promises Patti Keith from Ebensburg, Pennsylvania. "With hearty chunks of potato and plenty of mixed vegetables, it makes a wonderful meal with a loaf of garlic bread."
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large saucepan, combine gravy mix and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the beef, vegetables and potatoes; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with biscuits. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Beef Veggie Casserole in Quick Cooking December 2000, p22
Reviews for Beef Veggie Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review