- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Beef Vegetable Soup
"just no bay leaf"
"I use beef broth as an earlier poster suggested, extra garlic, a big handful of frozen corn. I think mushrooms , white beans and fresh spinach leaves would be good additions. This time I added half an envelope of ranch dressing mix. Easy and quick to make,"
"Just a little bland. I might try the beef broth instead if I make again."
"For some reason this recipe tasted very "tomato-y" to me; not sure why since there is only 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 can of V8. Perhaps I would eliminate the V8 and try another liquid in it's place should I make this again."
"Bland. Lacks seasoning."