Beef Vegetable Soup
Convenient frozen veggies and hash browns make this meaty soup a snap to mix up. Simply brown the ground beef, then stir everything together to simmer all day. "It's wonderful served with bread and a salad," adds Carol Calhoun of Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato juice,
- mixed vegetables, potatoes and soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield:
- 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 139 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.