- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 28 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chutney
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in currants and seasonings. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a short end facing you; spray sheet with butter-flavored spray. Place another sheet of phyllo on top and spritz with spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Cut the two layered sheets into four 14-in. x 2-1/4-in. strips.
- Place a rounded teaspoonful of filling on lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip. Spritz end of dough with spray and press onto triangle to seal. Turn triangle and spritz top with spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Combine yogurt and chutney. Serve with warm appetizers. Yield: 56 appetizers (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Beef Triangles & Chutney Dip in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p26
Reviews for Beef Triangles & Chutney Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review