Beef Tortilla Casserole Recipe
The mild taco flavor of this microwaved main dish is complemented by sour cream and two kinds of cheese. —Patty Burchett, Louisville, Kentucky
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), halved and cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Crumble beef into a large microwave-safe dish. Stir in onion. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring and draining every 2 minutes. Stir in taco sauce and tortillas.
- 2. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, layer half of the beef mixture, sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover and cook at 70% power for 7-9 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 2-4 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 439 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Tortilla Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC