- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), halved and cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Crumble beef into a large microwave-safe dish. Stir in onion. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring and draining every 2 minutes. Stir in taco sauce and tortillas.
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, layer half of the beef mixture, sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover and cook at 70% power for 7-9 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 2-4 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Tortilla Casserole
Sort By :
"Our family loved this recipe. I made some modifications though. First I used only 1 pound of ground beef and browned it in a cast iron skillet with onions. Then I used 8 oz of tomato sauce plus taco seasoning. When I went to layer the ingredients, I added a can of corn to make it more filling without the extra beef. I also cut 1 inch strips of corn tortillas and browned them in a little bit of olive oil for the top. Then I heated the casserole in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes to keep the corn tortillas crunchy. I will be making this again! :)"
"I think something is wrong with the reciped. 2 pounds of ground beef seems like way too much meat. I made this last night and could bearly fit it into ta 2.8 liter dish. 2.8 liters is bigger than th 2.5 quart the recipe calls for. Also, 8 ounces of Taco Sauce was not enough. I added at least double that. I wonder if it should be 1 pound of ground beef. Can someone comment on this? After my husband added some hot sauce to it, he said it wasn't bad. I will attempt to make it again but with half the meet. Also, when done, it looks like it would serve 10 - 12 people."
"This recipe is wonderful, but i have made a version with refried beans layerd in this also, and much more delious. yvonne minnesota"
"When serving, I top this with extra sour cream and homegrown tomatoes. Even my kids, who are picky eater, gobble this down! :)"
"This was awesome! I tweaked it a little and my whole family loved it! I browned the ground beef with onion in a skillet and then I was out of taco sauce and used a can of enchilda sauce. I fried the tortillas till browned. Layered it with the other ingredients and served with lettuce and tomatoes! It was never soggy. This is a quick and easy supper idea that your whole family will love!"