Beef Tortellini Soup Recipe
Because of its rich spicy flavor, this soup has been a favorite in our home for years. I think you'll agree the tortellini adds an interesting twist.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 7 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown beef; drain. Add the next 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add tortellini; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Remove bay leaves. Garnish individual servings with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 135 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 917 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Tortellini Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC