- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 7 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown beef; drain. Add the next 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add tortellini; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Remove bay leaves. Garnish individual servings with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Beef Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"This soup has a really nice flavor to it with the seasonings as listed. I used ground turkey instead of beef. It did not need to cook as long as listed. The whole family loved it and I will be making it again!"
"This is a great recipe for time pressed cooks. It turns out right everytime and always gets compliments. Easy to make, hearty and satisfying...what more can you ask for?!"
"Quick and easy--very tasty. I made a few modifications--basically 1/2ed the recipe--my family of 3 didn't need 13 servings--I had beef tortellini so I didn't use the ground beef--used 3 cans of broth, 1 can diced tomatoes, used Italian spice blend and NO salt the broth has enough, didn't use sugar either--ketchup has plenty as well. I was very happy with this quick, flavorful soup. Thanks!"