Beef-Topped Bean Enchiladas Recipe
This recipe for this spicy main dish came from my collection of Relief Society cookbooks compiled by the women's organization of our church.—Gaylene Anderson, Sandy, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, cumin and garlic salt; cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, spread 2-3 tablespoons refried beans over each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon of Monterey Jack cheese and 1 tablespoon olives. Roll up.
- 3. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 804 calories, 35 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,778 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 47 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC