Beef-Topped Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, cumin and garlic salt; cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, spread 2-3 tablespoons refried beans over each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon of Monterey Jack cheese and 1 tablespoon olives. Roll up.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef-Topped Bean Enchiladas(4)
Sort By :
This recipe was easy, filling, and delicious. I served it with a Mexican style rice mix and a green salad. I will make this again.
This was pretty good. I think it might be better if the beef mixture and the beans were combined. I found the beef on top was a bit dry and a bit much.
This looks good but it is clearly a BURRITO.
I've been making this for years, and it's a family favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >