- 1/2 cup water; cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add ketchup and sugar; cover and cook for 2 minutes. In a small bowl,
- whisk the remaining cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into
- beef mixture; return to skillet. Cook until liquid is slightly
- thickened. Add tomatoes and stir for 1 minute just until heated
- through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 389 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.