Beef Tips Recipe
“This recipe was given to my mother when I was young, and the entire family loved it,” writes Diane Benskin from Lewisville, Texas. “I have my own family now, and though we have reduced the amount of red meat we eat, this is so good, I still make it!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound beef sirloin tips, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup white wine or beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, carrots, celery, onion, soup and wine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC