Beef Tips on Rice Recipe
- 20 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 5 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 15 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
- 6-1/2 to 7 pounds long grain rice, cooked
- 1. Combine beef, salt, pepper and thyme; mix well. Place in five greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes; stir. Bake 15 minutes longer; drain. Combine the soup, water, onion, parsley and browning sauce if desired. Pour over beef; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef is tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 75 servings (3/4 cup rice and 3/4 cup beef with sauce).
1-1/2 cup: 325 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Beef Tips on Rice
"I cut this recipe down to feed 6 and it was very tasty. I get tired of stews and this is an easy and good alternative. I always buy boneless chuck roasts and cut them up for stew meat, as it's the only affordable tender cut anymore. Beef round, the cut supermarkets usually sell as beef stew meat, gets too dry and tough."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.