Beef Tips on Rice Recipe
- 20 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 5 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 15 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
- 6-1/2 to 7 pounds long grain rice, cooked
- 1. Combine beef, salt, pepper and thyme; mix well. Place in five greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes; stir. Bake 15 minutes longer; drain. Combine the soup, water, onion, parsley and browning sauce if desired. Pour over beef; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef is tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 75 servings (3/4 cup rice and 3/4 cup beef with sauce).
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 325 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.