Don't just rely on simple sandwiches when feeding a crowd. This is an easy, elegant main dish with tender pieces of beef.—Kathy Berndt, El Campo, Texas
- 20 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 5 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 15 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
- 6-1/2 to 7 pounds long grain rice, cooked
- Combine beef, salt, pepper and thyme; mix well. Place in five greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes; stir. Bake 15 minutes longer; drain. Combine the soup, water, onion, parsley and browning sauce if desired. Pour over beef; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef is tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 75 servings (3/4 cup rice and 3/4 cup beef with sauce).
Originally published as Beef Tips on Rice in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p54
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Tips on Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review