- Preheat oven to 325°. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add
- consomme and broth. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour
- over beef.
- Cover and bake 1 hour. Carefully stir in cream; discard bay leaves.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until meat is tender. Place toast
- over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until
- cheese is melted.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 1 slice cheese toast equals 585 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 1,039 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 56 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.