- Preheat oven to 325°. Stir flour into onion mixture until
- blended; gradually add consomme and broth. Stir in Worcestershire
- sauce and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or
- until thickened. Pour over beef.
- Cover and bake 1 hour. Carefully stir in cream; discard bay leaves.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until meat is tender. Place toast
- over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until
- cheese is melted.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 1 slice cheese toast equals 585 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 1,039 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 56 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now