“This recipe was given to my mother when I was young, and the entire family loved it,” writes Diane Benskin from Lewisville, Texas. “I have my own family now, and though we have reduced the amount of red meat we eat, this is so good, I still make it!”
- 1 pound beef sirloin tips, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup white wine or beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, carrots, celery, onion, soup and wine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef Tips in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Beef Tips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review