- 1 beef tenderloin (5 pounds), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 medium carrots, julienned
- 6 celery ribs, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°. Tuck thin tail end of tenderloin under; tie beef at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast 50-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove tenderloin from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add celery, salt and pepper; cook and stir 5-7 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in artichokes.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, mustard and cayenne until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Whisk in lemon juice.
- Transfer sauce to a small bowl if necessary. Place bowl in a larger bowl of warm water. Keep warm, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve, up to 30 minutes. Serve with beef and vegetables. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Beef Tenderloin with Sauteed Vegetables in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p91
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin with Sauteed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review