Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes Recipe
As an alternative to turkey or ham for the holidays one year, I decided to try this recipe. My family liked it so much, it's become a standard at our house. The meat is very tender and flavorful, and the potatoes get nicely browned. The marinade cooks into a terrific sauce. -Mrs. Clifford Davis, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3 envelopes (.7 ounce each) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Pierce tenderloin in several places; add to the bag and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; toss with butter, salt and pepper.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange potatoes around meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 60-75 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with pan juices and potatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p39
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
Thought this was very good. Didn't use a rack, though, as I like to cook veggies in the gravy. Will definitely be making this again.
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2007
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >