Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3 envelopes (.7 ounce each) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Pierce tenderloin in several places; add to the bag and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; toss with butter, salt and pepper.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange potatoes around meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 60-75 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with pan juices and potatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes
Sort By :
Thought this was very good. Didn't use a rack, though, as I like to cook veggies in the gravy. Will definitely be making this again.