Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
Broiled to perfection, these peppered steaks from Teresa Seaman of Pickerington, Ohio are draped with a wine and mushroom sauce for spectacular results.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Rub pepper onto both sides of steaks. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, wine and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC