Beef Tenderloin Supreme Recipe
A wine and mushroom gravy gives fantastic flavor to tenderloin slices. It’s perfect for entertaining because the meat marinates overnight.
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups Burgundy wine or additional beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- For sauce, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef. Yield: 12 servings (3 cups sauce).
Originally published as Beef Tenderloin Supreme in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin Supreme(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >