- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place flour in resealable plastic bag; add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil and butter over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, tomato paste, paprika and salt; slowly stir in sour cream mixture (do not boil). Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin Stroganoff
Sort By :
Followed recipe exactly. I was concerned about browning my $26 beef tenderloin, and then cooking it an additional 15-20 minutes making the sauce. Should have trusted my instincts. It turned out like a cheap piece of meat...chewy & tough. I should have removed the meat after browning it, and returned it to the mixture just to heat before serving. Expensive lesson learned.
I have been making this recipe every Valentine's Day for several years now. I use spaghetti instead of noodles. That's the only change I make. It is so good and so easy. Always impressive. Thanks!
Lacks taste and flavor, only paprika and salt. Tasted like something was missing. Won't be making it again. Only did this time as I had beef tenderloin in the freezer.
I agree, very expensive but really good.
Expensive to prepare, but very tasty. Good to make when time is short and you want to impress!