Beef Tenderloin Stroganoff
This delicious main dish is easy to prepare and a good dish to serve company. Using tenderloin makes it special.Elizabeth Deguit, Richmond Hill, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place flour in resealable plastic bag; add beef, a few pieces at a
- time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil and
- butter over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. In a
- small bowl, combine the sour cream, tomato paste, paprika and salt;
- slowly stir in sour cream mixture (do not boil). Cook, uncovered,
- over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with
- noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:1 serving (calculated without salt and noodles) equals 312 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.