Beef Tenderloin Roast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, garlic, pepper, garlic salt and onion salt; brush over tenderloin. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°)
- 2. Remove tenderloin from pan; let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, add broth to pan drippings, stirring to loosen browned bits; heat through. Serve with sliced beef. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (4.000-1/2 ounces) equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.