Beef Tenderloin Roast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, garlic, pepper, garlic salt and onion salt; brush over tenderloin. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°)
- 2. Remove tenderloin from pan; let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, add broth to pan drippings, stirring to loosen browned bits; heat through. Serve with sliced beef. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (4.000-1/2 ounces) equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin Roast
"Excellent exactly as is. My significant other always cooks the beef tenderloin but this time I did it and followed this recipe exactly. He said, "From now on you are in charge of the Beef Tenderloin, this is phenomenal.""
"Outstanding! This was so simple and yet so flavorful! I added a tablespoon of olive oil to the mustard crust. I did not have garlic and onion salt so I used granulated onion and garlic and then added a pinch of Sel Gris sea salt. The meat was so tender you didn't need a knife to cut it. Absolutely a new favorite in our house."
"Made this again and added a couple tbsp of BBQ sauce, omitted the beef broth. EXCELLENT! My tenderloin was smaller so it only needed 22 min at 400."
"Very good, Tender, good flavor."
"nice flavor. easy to make."
"needed a simple roast beef for my dad to make.. left the list of ingredients for him on the answering machine.. we had it 3 weeks ago and we're still raving about it.. my dad couldn't believe something with only a few ingredients could taste so good! thanks for sharing!"
"This was delicious, I added a half cup of red wine while it was roasting. Definately a keeper!"
"I served this for Christmas dinner. Everyone loved it! It was butter-tender and the dijon mustard rub was fabulous. This one is a winner!"
"Delicious! The Dijon mustard added nice flavor."
"Had this for Christmas dinner; never made a tenderloin in my LIFE. I was absolutely FABULOUS! Dh is requesting it for New Years!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.